Increasing your lower body explosiveness
For athletes seeking to take their lower body explosiveness into the stratosphere, the Paused Front Squat and Russian Kettlebell Swing are two must-add exercises to your regimen.
Both movements are ideal for honing strength & power. It's time to unlock the full potential of your lower body explosiveness.
3 benefits from a more explosive lower body
Better Strength & Stability: Why pause? Requires more controlled muscle engagement. What's that mean? More stability + more force.
More Power & Hip Drive: Adding resistance bands amplifies the demand on the glutes, hamstrings, and hips. Using the band forces you to be more aggressive. Being more aggressive will lead to more explosiveness.
Athletic Movement Transfer: Both exercises have carryover to athletics. The pause front squat increases your ability to explode from a static position. The banded swing helps develop the explosiveness that is crucial in jumping, sprinting and changing direction.
5 SET SUPERSET
Paused Front Squat: 3 reps (3-second pause at the bottom on all reps)
Banded Russian Kettlebell Swing: 15 reps
TIPS 4 SWOLENESS
Paused Front Squat
- Choose a front rack grip that allows you to keep your chest and elbows up throughout the movement
- Sit straight down while keeping your entire foot planted
- DRIVE fast out of the bottom
Banded Russian Kettlebell Swings
- Choose a light to moderate kettlebell sweight
- Use a red mini-band for the added tension (this forces you to be aggressive)
- Big squeeze in the glutes at the top, hamstrings locked out, and kettlebell shouldn't go higher than eye-level
BROUGHT TO YOU BY
- Increase bone-building
- Better manage inflammation
- Protect your immune systems
- Support the balance of vital hormones